Moving Tips & Resources
How to Move Your Sleep Number Bed
The Sleep Number® bed is lighter than most traditional beds, making it much easier to move. The Sleep Number® website suggests the following when moving your Sleep Number Bed:
Base and Frame Instructions:
- Although the Sleep Number® Modular Base (foundation) is very strong, it can be bent or twisted while moving. Completely disassemble and box the modular base for moving.
- Disassemble the frame and headboard, save all hardware and necessary tools in a bag, and tape it to a larger frame part so they are not lost while moving.
- The Firmness Control™ System, Sleep Number® Remote and instructions should be packed in a box with packing material and transported in a way it will be exposed to minimal shock and vibration.
- If you are using a moving company, the mattress can be moved assembled and in a mattress box.
- Leave the mattress fully inflated and cap it off.
- Third party charges may be incurred if you do not have the closure caps necessary to move the mattress fully inflated. For replacement parts, please contact Sleep Number® Product Support at 888‐484‐9263.
How to Cap Off Your Sleep Number® Mattress:
- Push in the grey tab on the end of the hose and remove the hose.
- Quickly place a closure cap over the air chamber connector.
- Push the closure cap securely onto the air chamber connector.