Houston International Movers
Houston’s Expert International Movers
Put your trust in an experienced team performing 2,500 international moves each year. Relocating from Houston, Texas to another part of the globe is an exciting event in our customers’ lives. It’s also one that needs to be managed with the utmost care from the planning stage to the final delivery of your goods in your new country. At Daryl Flood, our international movers in Houston have the experience and expertise necessary for a successful move. We’re more than dependable: we’re Daryl Flood Dependable, so you can count on having skilled and knowledgeable professionals working on your international move every step of the way. This includes:
- Background-checked & trained professional moving crews
- An international moving plan created for your needs
- Dedicated international move coordinator
- Long-term secure local storage
Let's Get Moving!
A professional international move
A team of expert international movers
As one of the largest agents in the Harmony Relocation Network, we have a global reach that can take you to any one of 180 countries across six continents. We handle more than 2,500 international moves every year, and each move is tailored to our customers’ needs. We even manage transportation arrangements with our in-house forwarding service.
Whether your move is personal or for an employee relocation, our process starts with your dedicated international moving coordinator. Your coordinator will be available every step of the way to help ensure that your international move goes well and provide you with a single point of contact. Our coordinators are experts in overseas moving, with experience in customs regulations, global shipping, household goods moving and storage, and more.
A true international moving company
Taking the time to compare Houston moving companies can help you make the right choice in international moving companies. Here are several things to look for:
- Certification: Daryl Flood is FIDI-certified to help ensure quality and is also part of the LACMA network to be able to move to Latin and Central American countries.
- Pricing: Make sure you understand just what your moving quote does and doesn’t include. For the most accurate estimate, Daryl Flood will do a home survey to truly understand the scope of your international move.
- Support: International moves are very different from local or long-distance moves from Houston, and they can be complex. Daryl Flood is a true international mover as part of the Harmony Relocation Network, with extensive knowledge of customs processes, items that may be prohibited, scheduling, and more.
- Licensing and insurance: All reputable, well-established overseas moving companies will be glad to provide proof of proper licensing and insurance.
A fully stacked international moving team
Daryl Flood has been serving international customers since 1982. Over the last 40-plus years, we’ve earned a reputation for superior customer service. Here’s why you should make us your international moving team:
- Door-to-door transportation by air, sea, or land as an agent of the Harmony Relocation Network.
- Preferential volume discount pricing from our partners, and we pass that along to you.
- A complete range of services to make your move simpler, including door-to-door moving services, packing, storage, temporary accommodation, pet relocation and home-finding services, school search and settling-in services, and much more.
- Our internationally trained moving crews protect your household goods with international grade packing materials and packing methods.
- Clear international moving quotes and make sure you understand everything in our pricing.
- We meet the stringent requirements for certification from the Federation of International Movers (FIDI). FIDI sets the highest standards in the industry and is the largest alliance of international moving relocation companies in the world.
- Fully insured and licensed to manage any type of move, anywhere around the globe.
- Certification from the Latin America and Caribbean Movers Association LACMA.
Houston international moving FAQs
You can help minimize the stress of moving overseas with a few simple tips from our international moving experts:
- Schedule your move well in advance: Once you’ve made the final decision to move overseas, book your move with an international moving company as soon as possible. This will allow you to have a better chance of moving when you want to and give the mover time to work with you on the details of your move.
- Make a plan for your international move: Before you start packing, start with an international moving plan. Research important documents that may be required as you leave Houston and enter your new country, such as visas, passports, birth certificates, medical records, school transcripts, employment contracts, immunization records, and financial records. Make copies of all of these documents and leave them with family members.
- Understand what can and can’t come with you: You’ll also need to find out which items are prohibited from entry into your new country to ensure such items don’t cause shipping delays.
The US embassy at your destination country can assist you with many of these requirements, which can vary a great deal from country to country. Your move coordinator will also assist you with understanding these requirements.
- Consider your new space: If you know your new home’s square footage and room sizes, measure the large furniture items you plan to ship to determine if all of them will fit. You may find that you need to leave some items behind and purchase them in different sizes in your new city.
- Downsize belongings: You can save time, money, and hassles if you pare down your possessions before making your international move. This can help with shipping and packing expenses and make your move less complicated overall.
- Consult with your Daryl Flood international move coordinator: From packing to delivery, our dedicated international move coordinators know just what it takes to get you from Houston to your destination country. Your assigned coordinator can help you with your plan, monitor every step of your move, and advise you on what to expect when your goods arrive overseas.
Yes. Daryl Flood is fully licensed and insured. To protect yourself and your belongings, avoid companies that cannot provide proof of their licensing and insurance.
Also, check other credentials, such as making sure any company you're considering is accredited by the most respected international moving associations, such as Harmony Relocation Network, FIDI, and the American Trucking Associations. It's also smart to check out online reviews from previous customers.
As a true international mover, we can provide any service needed, including international pet relocation and auto shipping, if needed. Simply inquire with your move coordinator for more information.
There are several variables that go into an estimate for an international move, including the actual volume of your household goods and how those items will be traveling to your destination (air or ocean freight, typically). We do a full home survey prior to your international move to ensure we understand exactly what you will and won’t be bringing with you overseas. This is an enormous help for both you and us to understand how much moving will cost, and why.
When we send over your quote, it should include all discussed charges, and your move coordinator will keep you appraised throughout your move if you’d like to add any services, such as packing or storage. With any moving company, we always advise asking directly about any extra fees, or any numbers that could change. However, with Daryl Flood as long as the scope of your shipment doesn’t change, your quote will remain the same.
We advise booking your international move as early as possible. This allows us and you to prepare as much as possible so moving is as stress-free as possible.
Keep in mind that international moving companies' busiest season is usually during the summer months, so you'll want to get on an international mover's schedule well before summer if that's your desired moving window. This is also the busiest time for international ports, so you should be prepared for longer wait times for your items getting through customs. Your move coordinator can give you an estimate based on current wait times but understand that moving companies have zero insight or sway when it comes to your items getting through customs. If you’re moving during the busy months, prepare to be without your items for a month or more.
This is an important question to ask any Houston international movers you're considering. Even with the most thorough planning and the most careful handling and shipping services, issues can arise, so you want to make sure you're covered if they do.
International moves go farther and have more stopping points than most moves – for example, while we can control the quality of the actual moving of your goods, remember they do spend time in your destination’s customs warehouse, where we have no insight or sway. It is unlikely, but not impossible for your items to be damaged coming through customs.
As a moving company, we cannot legally sell you insurance. You’re provided valuation coverage, which is weight based, and is $0.60 per pound of an item. The important thing to remember is that it is not replacement cost for your item. There are extra levels of coverage you can purchase, and we advise discussing with your move coordinator what those options are so you can decide if extra valuation coverage or purchasing outside insurance is the right choice for your international move.
International moving companies may not be able to give you an exact date, but they should be able to give you a time frame for shipping and arrival.
This is because there are more outside factors that can affect your ultimate arrival date with an international move, including your destination city and country. This is largely determined by the port your items have to come in to – moving companies have no oversight when it comes to how long your items take to pass through customs.
Your international move coordinator will give our best estimate on current wait times, but it can change quickly. If you’re moving during the busy summer months, you should anticipate waiting longer.
Absolutely. Daryl Flood has 500,000+ square feet of warehouse space in Texas, and our team is fully ready and able to safely store your goods for short or long-term until you return home from abroad. This is a very common service we provide as international movers.
Whether your items are with us for a year or 10 years, you can rest easy knowing they are safe in our secure moving storage facility 24/7-video monitoring service and first-rate fire suppression system. Daryl Flood’s over 40 years of providing quality moving and storage services in Texas means you’ll never have to worry about issues cropping up while you’re gone.