Professional Local Movers in Austin, TX
Our residential local movers in Austin have built a reputation for safety and reliability since 1982. If you need dependable, affordable local movers in Austin, make Daryl Flood your first call. You can count on our expertise and quality customer service throughout your local move, from the day you get your guaranteed moving quote to the day we bring your belongings to your new home.
Our Local Austin Moving Company
Whatever you need for a stress-free, efficient local move, we can deliver it. You’ll have a dedicated, personal move coordinator assigned to your move to ensure everything goes smoothly every step of the way.
Our comprehensive moving services also include:
- Experienced packing and loading crews
- Moving trucks and moving equipment
- Protective wrapping for furniture, electronics, and delicate items
- Floor protection
- An on-site crew supervisor
- Carrier liability protection
Simplify Your Move with Our Local Austin Storage Services
Whether you need long-term storage or just need to store a few items for a short time, our storage solutions give you a convenient and secure option. Daryl Flood’s moving teams are experts in the safe handling of sensitive or fragile items, so your belongings will be safe with us. We’ll be happy to pick up your belongings from your home and move them into our local Austin warehouse.
Local Move Cost Estimator You Can Count On
Some Austin movers give you an initial moving quote but tack on additional fees and charges at the end of your move. When you choose Daryl Flood as your local Austin movers, you’ll know from the beginning exactly how much your move will cost and, most importantly, we guarantee that your estimate will be accurate.
Our in-home move cost estimators price our local moves according to several factors, including the weight of your belongings, how many heavy goods you have, whether you need to have us move fragile items, and whether you prefer a partial self-service move or our complete, end-to-end full-service move.
Make Sure You Hire the Best Local Movers in Austin
With just a few simple steps, you can vet local moving companies and make the choice that’s right for your needs. Although getting a great price is important, remember that the lowest moving estimate may not come along with the professional moving service and dependability you deserve.
Use the tips below to find an Austin moving company you can trust.
- Hearing what past customers have to say about their experiences with a moving company is one of the best ways to quickly pare down your list of movers. See if your friends, family, or co-workers have moved recently—they may be able to recommend a good local mover and steer you clear of any companies you’ll want to avoid.
- Check out online reviews. Keep in mind that most companies will publish positive testimonials on their own websites, so look beyond those to other sources, such as Google. Make note of which companies take the time to respond to negative reviews and offer to rectify any mistakes they may have made, indicating these movers care about their customers and reputation.
- Take time to visit sites such as protectyourmove.gov, a consumer protection website offered by the Federal Carrier Safety Administration (FCSA).
Ask About Certifications
Once you have a short list of local moving companies in Austin, ask each company what kind of certifications and/or endorsements they have. At Daryl Flood, we’ve been recognized by the Southwest Movers Association as a Pinnacle Mover, and we have certification as a ProMover from the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA). Our sales team members have met the requirements of AMSA to become Certified Moving Consultants, a designation earned for adherence to ethical standards and professional competency.
Get Your Free Local Moving Estimate
If you need local moving services in Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Fort Hood, or elsewhere in the Austin area, we’re ready to help. We offer free in-home moving consultations with a no-obligation moving quote from our experienced move cost estimators, who will be glad to answer all of your questions and help you decide the level of service that is right for you. Contact us now to schedule your free moving consultation.
Local Austin Moving Company FAQ
If you have some flexibility in booking a moving day, it’s best to avoid the busy season from May through September. If, however, you do need to move between late spring and early fall, try to get on a mover’s schedule as far in advance as you can. Otherwise, we recommend booking a mover four to six weeks ahead of the date you want to move.
Rogue moving companies are here one day and gone the next, taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers who may have been lured in by rock-bottom prices. You can get a good idea of companies you should avoid by watching for these signs that they may not be reputable:
- The company doesn’t have a physical address, website, or any other type of online presence.
- They ask you for a payment upfront, which is not a standard moving industry practice.
- You can’t get a moving quote in writing.
- The company only accepts cash, which is a serious sign of fraud.
- The company gives you an estimate without doing a virtual walkthrough or an in-person survey, neither of which is sufficient for arriving at an accurate price.
In addition to checking online reviews and finding out what type of certifications or endorsements a moving company has, you can ask each moving company these questions to determine if they’re right for your move:
- How will you calculate my moving estimate?
- Will my estimate omit any fees or costs that I’ll be charged for later?
- How do you handle lost or damaged items?
- Do you have storage facilities, and are they secure?
- How do you vet your moving crews and drivers?
- Who will be available if I have questions during my move?