Expert Long-Distance Movers in Fort Worth
It’s easy to find a long-distance moving company in Fort Worth, but it can be a challenge to find one that you can trust with your belongings. Long-distance moving has unique challenges, but when you choose Daryl Flood for your relocation, you have a team of experts and a full slate of services to move you safely and efficiently to any destination in the 48 contiguous United States. You can count on our reliability, quality, and professionalism for your interstate or intrastate residential move.
Personalized Moving Services
We offer a complete range of long-distance moving services to our Fort Worth customers, including our professional packing services that you can customize to fit your individual needs and budget. Select from these service levels:
- Full packing service: We take care of everything, packing all your belongings for you so you can focus on more important things.
- Partial packing service: Do you prefer to handle some packing yourself? We’ll be glad to pack only those items that you want us to manage.
- No packing service: You can choose to do all the packing yourself and have us move them for you.
If you’re unsure which service level meets your need, we’ll be glad to review all your options with you.
Why Choose Daryl Flood for Your Long-Distance Move
Daryl Flood has been in the moving business since 1982. Together with our parent company, Suddath, we have more than 150 years of combined experience helping tens of thousands of families and individuals move. We know how many choices you have in long-distance moving companies, so we do all we can to make sure you have an exceptional experience throughout your move. No matter which level of service you want Daryl Flood to provide, you’ll have these benefits and more as our customer:
- Your price is guaranteed: As long as the scope of your move doesn’t change, neither will the original moving quote we give you. There are no surprises or hidden fees in our estimates.
- We make moving simpler: You’ll be assigned a dedicated move coordinator who will help you plan your move and make sure everything goes smoothly. Your coordinator will be there throughout your move to organize the details and answer any questions you may have at any time.
- You can trust Daryl Flood: We don’t send anyone to your home who hasn’t been thoroughly vetted through drug screenings, background checks, and much more.
In addition, we have a fleet of more than 85 tractor-trailers serving our customers across the country, and we offer access to more than three million square feet of secure storage facilities. You can use our storage facilities to simplify your move—store your items with us if your new home isn’t ready yet or use our storage services to help you declutter before or after your move.
How to Find the Best Long-Distance Movers in Fort Worth
Narrowing down your choice of moving companies can be easier when you know what to look for. Here are our tips for finding the best movers:
You can gauge how reliable and stable a moving company is by how long it has been in the moving business. Well-established companies are more likely to have teams, equipment, and processes you can trust. Rogue moving companies come and go—avoid any company that doesn’t have a physical address or website, which can be signs that a company may take advantage of you.
It’s easier than ever to find online reviews. Be sure to check reviews on Google Business Profiles and on consumer-protection websites. Look for responsiveness to negative reviews, which can indicate that the moving company cares about its reputation and customers’ experiences.
Any long-distance moving company you’re considering must be properly licensed and insured. Look for a number that’s required by the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) for all interstate movers in the country. For moves within Texas, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles also requires a number.
There are also important certifications in the moving industry, such as certification by the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA).
Trained and Vetted Moving Teams
One of the most important questions to ask any long-distance or cross-country mover in Fort Worth is how you can know you can trust its employees. You want to make sure your household belongings and your property will be taken care of well by movers who have received proper training and have passed drug tests, background checks, and other checks.
A useful indicator of a long-distance moving company’s business practices is its requirements for payment. Some fly-by-night movers will require a large deposit before they provide any of their moving services. This is not a standard practice in the moving industry.
Schedule Your Free Long-Distance Moving Estimate
Moving is stressful, but Daryl Flood’s expert teams are here to make it easier to relocate your household. Schedule your no-obligation survey from one of our in-home estimators who will provide you with a transparent estimate you can count on.
Fort Worth Long-Distance Moving FAQ
Your moving estimate will be carefully calculated according to several factors, including:
- How far you are moving: A long-distance move within Texas, for example, generally costs less than a cross-country move.
- How much your goods weigh: Our expert in-home estimator will factor the total estimated weight of your belongings into your customized quote.
- The extent of the long-distance packing services you want: our partial packing service costs less than our full packing service.
Our customers are welcome to take advantage of the convenience of our warehouses in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We also offer affordable storage outside of the state via our network of premier partners.
A long-distance move—whether it's within the state of Texas or to another state—is 50 miles or more within the United States. Hawaii and Alaska are considered international moves just because of the way goods typically need to be transported to those locations.