Local Fort Worth Movers
Dependable Fort Worth Local Movers
Have a confident local move in Fort Worth. Our residential local movers in Fort Worth have built a reputation for safety and reliability since 1982. If you need dependable, affordable local movers in Fort Worth, make Daryl Flood your first call. You can count on our expertise and quality customer service throughout your local move, from the day you get your guaranteed moving quote to the day we bring your belongings to your new home.
We offer simple, transparent moving estimates with no hidden costs alongside:
- Background-checked & trained professional moving crews
- Specialty moving services such as packing and storage
- Personalized moving plans with a dedicated move coordinator
Let's Get Moving!
Our local moving advantages
Personal, local moving services in Fort Worth
Whatever you need for a stress-free, efficient local move, the Daryl Flood team can deliver it. You’ll have a dedicated, personal move coordinator assigned to your move to ensure everything goes smoothly every step of the way.
Our comprehensive moving services include:
- Experienced local packing and loading crews
- Protective wrapping for furniture, electronics, and delicate items
- Door and floor protection for your home
- Full- or partial-packing services to suit your need and budget
- Easy, short- and long-term local storage services
- Caring senior moving professionals
Professional Fort Worth storage services
Whether you need long-term storage or just need to store a few items for a short time, our storage solutions give you a convenient and secure option. Daryl Flood’s moving teams are experts in the careful handling of sensitive or fragile items, so your belongings will be safe with us. We’ll be happy to pick up your belongings from your home and move them into our local Dallas-Fort Worth warehouse.
Our team can provide expert moving of heavy items such as pianos, gym equipment, pool tables as well as delicate items such as antiques or art. With 24/7 monitoring, Daryl Flood provides the safest environment for your goods, and is able to pick up and deliver your items whenever you’re ready.
The value of a professional, caring moving team
Daryl Flood has been servicing Texas moves for over 40 years, and our team is the best of the best. Performing over 6,000 residential moves per year, we have the most experienced, tenured moving crew in Fort Worth.
Some Fort Worth movers give you an initial moving quote but tack on additional fees and charges at the end of your move. When you choose Daryl Flood as your local Fort Worth movers, you’ll know from the beginning exactly how much your move will cost and, most importantly, you’ll know where that money is going.
Leading up to and during your move, you’ll understand the value of Daryl Flood’s moving expertise. From your dedicated move coordinator who will be your one call for any questions or concerns, to our professional moving crew who will arrive and expertly protect your home and items, you’ll see the Daryl Flood difference just like thousands of our other customers.
Fort Worth local moving FAQs
With just a few simple steps, you can vet local moving companies and make the choice that’s right for your needs. Although getting a great price is important, remember that the lowest moving estimate may not come along with the professional moving service and dependability you deserve.
1.) Get Recommendations
- Hearing what past customers have to say about their experiences with a moving company is one of the best ways to quickly pare down your list of movers. See if your friends, family, or co-workers have moved recently—they may be able to recommend a good local mover and steer you clear of any companies you’ll want to avoid.
- Check out online reviews. Keep in mind that most companies will publish positive testimonials on their own websites, so look beyond those to other sources, such as Google. Make note of which companies take the time to respond to negative reviews and offer to rectify any mistakes they may have made, indicating these movers care about their customers and reputation.
- Take time to visit sites such as protectyourmove.gov, a consumer protection website offered by the Federal Carrier Safety Administration (FCSA).
2.) Ask About Certifications
Once you have a short list of local moving companies in Fort Worth, ask each company what kind of certifications and/or endorsements they have. At Daryl Flood, we’ve been recognized by the Southwest Movers Association as a Pinnacle Mover, and we have certification as a ProMover from the American Trucking Association (ATA). Our sales team members have met the requirements of AMSA to become Certified Moving Consultants, a designation earned for adherence to ethical standards and professional competency.
3.) Ask how the company ensures your home and goods are safe
At Daryl Flood, we invest in our employees and moving crews, because we know that having trained, professional movers is the best way to ensure our customers' homes and items are safe. Beyond training, we provide our crews with the materials they need to do the job right.
All of our crews have door and floor protections to ensure your home remains in the same condition it was in before we arrived.
Beyond training and materials, we also perform background checks on our crews, to ensure we know exactly who we’re hiring. We also have many tenured employees and crew members in Fort Worth – our crews are people we have worked alongside for years, because they enjoy working with the best local moving company in Fort Worth.
If you have some flexibility in booking a moving day, it’s best to avoid the busy season from May through September. If, however, you do need to move between late spring and early fall, try to get on a mover’s schedule as far in advance as you can. Otherwise, we recommend booking a mover four to six weeks ahead of the date you want to move.
Rogue moving companies are here one day and gone the next, taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers who may have been lured in by rock-bottom prices. With moving scams a consistent local news storyline, it’s a legitimate fear of many customers.
You can get a good idea of companies you should avoid by watching for these signs that they may not be reputable:
- The company doesn’t have a physical address, website, or any other type of online presence.
- They ask you for full payment upfront, which is not a standard moving industry practice.
- You can’t get a moving quote in writing.
- The company only accepts cash, which is a serious sign of fraud.
- The company gives you an estimate without doing a virtual walkthrough or an in-person survey, neither of which is sufficient for arriving at an accurate price.
- The company doesn’t have a TxDMV or DOT number.
In addition to checking online reviews and finding out what type of certifications or endorsements a moving company has, you can ask each moving company these questions to determine if they’re right for your move:
- How will you calculate my moving estimate?
- Will my estimate omit any fees or costs that I’ll be charged for later?
- How do you handle lost or damaged items?
- Do you have storage facilities, and are they secure?
- How do you vet your moving crews and drivers?
- Who will be available if I have questions during my move?
Definitely. Our team is trained in how to handle unique items such as large and heavy gym equipment, including tanning beds, and even home entertainment items such as a pool table or arcade games. The benefit of our over 40 years of experience is that we have moved nearly every item imaginable and have the playbook for how to do it safely.
We are also able to move delicate items, such as antiques, art or wine collections, among other items.
Daryl Flood has 100,000+ square feet of warehouse space locally in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and we are ready and able to safely store your goods locally for short or long-term until your new home is ready. This is a service that is easy to add onto your move if the need arises.
We also offer an easy declutter and store program where we can help you store unneeded items if you’re staging your home prior to selling or redecorating. Either way, if your items are with us, you can relax knowing your belongings are safe in our secure moving storage facility 24/7-video monitoring service and first-rate fire suppression system.
Local moving blogs and resources
Relocating can be overwhelming. You’re juggling a variety of tasks and may feel like they’re quickly piling up. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure where to start. We’re here to help.