Daryl Flood Moving & Storage
Trusted Texas Moving Company since 1982
A moving company you can depend on. Don’t trust your valuable personal belongings to just anyone. With Daryl Flood Moving & StorageSM you can feel confident that your move will be handled with the greatest level of care by our experienced and trained moving experts. With over 40 years of moving experience in Texas, our team will make your local, long distance or international move as easy and stress-free as possible. Here’s what makes Daryl Flood the most trusted moving company in Texas:
- Caring, fully-vetted and trained professional moving crews
- No nonsense, accurate moving quotes – transparent with no hidden costs
- A valued Atlas Van Lines agent
- An expert team handling every step of your move
- A full range of services, tailored to meet your needs
Let's Get Moving!
Residential and corporate moving services
Texas Moving & Storage Company Reviews
Why Daryl Flood Moving & Storage?
Over 40 Years of moving experience
Professional moving for a competitive price
Our team takes care of you and your belongings
Texas Moving Company FAQs
Being “Not Just Dependable, Daryl Flood Dependable” means that Daryl Flood Moving & Storage is the moving company you can depend on to give you a reliable, guaranteed in-home moving estimate and have the best process and the best people (including your own personal move coordinator) to move your household from one location to the other.
You can depend on us for four important things:
- You can depend on us to care about the things that are important to you.
- You can depend on us to hire the best people with the best attitudes and to train them well.
- You can depend on us to have the right resources and the expertise, creativity and flexibility to use them for your maximum benefit.
- You can depend on us to be committed to satisfying you as our customer.
There are several ways to determine whether a moving company is reputable. Word of mouth is going to be one of your best first approaches, so start by reaching out to neighbors, friends, family, and coworkers. This will be your best source and a good place to start.
However, getting personal recommendations isn't always possible, and even if you do, you want to do some additional online research. You’ll want to look for a strong online presence, where you can see that they are an active and engaged company with positive reviews. You should check Google reviews as well as social media reviews.
The appropriate industry certifications, licenses and adequate insurance are also important markers for distinguishing a reputable moving company from a “fly by night” mover. The best moving companies should be able to show you all the necessary documents including:
- Department of Transportation (DOT) License
- Licensing by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA)
- Insurance information
DOT licensing is especially important, and proves the movers are insured, among other things. Your driver will have their current DOT number on the door of their truck on moving day as well.
Getting a moving quote with Daryl Flood Moving & Storage is easy! Simply fill out this form and one of our moving experts will be in contact with you. From there, they will ask you some additional questions and schedule you for a home survey.
Home surveys are typically done virtually, using a FaceTime-like app on your phone or tablet. During the survey, our representative will ask you questions about your home as you guide them on a tour. This is so they can properly assess your items and home, to judge the weight of the move, and highlight any areas of difficulty for the moving crew. For example, staircases or tight hallways, to ensure the crew shows up prepared and with the right materials to protect your home.
Once the home survey is completed, you will be sent a full and accurate quote, no fine print or last-minute fees to worry about. This is a very important step for any reputable moving company.
- The weight of your items
- Size of home
- Distance of your move
- Services needed, such as packing or storage
- Any difficult or unusually sized items that require custom crating
Daryl Flood’s fleet of 85 tractor trailers travels across the United States to serve customers nationwide due to our longstanding partnership with Atlas Van Lines.
Atlas was established in 1948, and with our similarly high-quality crews and employees, expert training and professionalism means we are able to seamlessly partner together to move families long-distance.
Ideally, you should reach out four to six weeks in advance of your desired moving date. This may be more or less depending on if you’re moving locally or long distance, but the best rule is to reach out as soon as possible. If you’re moving internationally, you should reach out at least eight weeks in advance.
If you’re moving during “peak” moving season, May through September, you should reach out as early as possible to ensure you can secure your desired date with a top tier mover.
Texas is quickly becoming one of the most popular states to move to. If you’re planning a move to Texas, there are a few things you should know before you hire a Texas moving company and make the trip.
- Texas is warmer throughout the year than many U.S. states. Depending on where you’re coming from, this may be one of the reasons for your move. Snow is rare in Texas, and winters are generally mild. Summers can be hot and muggy, but you can always visit the beach or one of the state’s many waterparks.
- Texas residents enjoy lower taxes than many states because there is no income tax. This is only one of the reasons why living costs tend to be more affordable there. Energy deregulation makes it possible to find a low-cost energy provider as well. In addition, the job market is booming, especially in the fields of energy and oil.
- Texas is a very diverse state with many cultures represented and celebrated. People are generally friendly in Texas, and there’s a pervasive sense of neighborly connection throughout many cities and neighborhoods. Another bonus is the delicious food throughout the state, particularly Tex-Mex cuisine, and barbecue.
There are many pros associated with moving to Texas. Sunny weather and mild winters are a huge draw for those tired of living in snowy climates. There’s also no state income tax for Texas residents.
Furthermore, the state’s economy is thriving, and there are jobs available in many different fields. It’s also important to remember that some of the country’s most vibrant and populous cities are located in Texas.
Many of the cons of moving to Texas relate to the pros. Since the economy is strong and the cost of living is low, more people have relocated to the state using a Texas-based relocation company. As a result, some opportunities have become more difficult to come by. Additionally, the lack of income tax means Texas has less money to allocate to public services than some other states.
Depending on the city in Texas that you plan to move to, your specific pros and cons may be different. In general, the pros still massively outweigh the cons when it comes to moving to Texas.
This makes it possible to enjoy all the benefits of city living alongside the close-knit community of suburban life. What’s more, all these cities have plenty of employment opportunities for workers of many disciplines.
If you’re planning a long-distance move with Texas as your destination, you might be wondering what you’ll need to budget for your movers. After all, many factors can affect how much your move will cost overall, and the same goes for how much you’ll need to pay a moving company to safely and efficiently move your items.
When you hire a moving company, you rarely pay for just the move itself. You typically have to pay for the time they spend packing and loading your items, the truck rental to move your items from point A to point B, and the time it takes to unload your boxes from the truck and safely deposit them in your new home. You can save some money by packing your items into boxes yourself, so your movers will only have to show up and start loading the truck.
Generally, it costs more to hire movers for a few hours than it does to rent the truck at a daily rate. Hiring movers to carry items to and from the truck can cost anywhere from $50 to $100 per hour or more. The cost mostly depends on the following:
- The type of items you’ll need to move
- The number of fragile items you’ll need safely packed
- The skill and experience level of your moving company’s employees
The truck rental will typically cost between $100 and $200 per day. For local moves where the truck is traveling within the same city, you’ll pay the day rate for the truck even if your move only takes a few hours. Renting truck space for a long-distance move can be slightly different, as most long-distance moving trucks carry items belonging to two or three different families at the same time.
In this case, you wouldn’t be responsible for paying the typical daily rate for a single moving truck, especially since there will be days during the process when your long-distance moving truck is tending to another client’s move rather than yours. Additionally, your daily truck-rental price will differ if you’re looking for international moving services in Texas.
You can learn more about what your specific move would cost with Daryl Flood by filling out our free quote form.
Relocating can be overwhelming. You’re juggling a variety of tasks and may feel like they’re quickly piling up. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure where to start. We’re here to help.