San Antonio Long Distance Movers
Pro Long-Distance Movers in San Antonio
A personalized, professional long distance move from San Antonio.
If you're searching for the best cross-country movers in San Antonio, look no further: Daryl Flood has the expert teams, comprehensive resources, and the wide range of experience you need. Since 1982, our customers have relied on us for dependable, affordable long-distance moving services. Today, our fleet of more than 80 tractor-trailers can move your household to any destination in the 48 contiguous states. A Daryl Flood move means:
- A dedicated professional move coordinator
- Professional, background-checked and trained moving crews
- Simple, transparent moving estimates with no hidden fees
- Expert packing and storage services
Let's Get Moving!
Long distance moves from San Antonio
Personal service customized to your long-distance move
Our full slate of long-distance moving services are flexible, so you can customize your long-distance San Antonio move by choosing just the services you need. Your options include:
- Full packing service: Our team packs all your belongings for you
- Partial packing service: We pack only the items you want us to pack, while you pack the remainder of your items
- DIY packing service: You pack all your belongings, and we move them for you
- Secure short- and long-term storage in our 3 million+ square feet of warehouse space nationwide
- Specialty moving services such as pet relocation, auto shipping and high-end moving
If you’re not sure which level of service is best for you, your dedicated move coordinator can help. Your coordinator will be available throughout your long-distance move to answer your questions and resolve any issues that may arise.
A top agent and partner with Mayflower Moving
With long histories in the moving industry, Mayflower Moving and Daryl Flood both have been successfully moving customers cross country for decades. Because of high-quality crews and employees, expert training and top-tier level of professionalism on both sides, we are able to partner together to easily move people wherever they need to go in the U.S. No moving company has the reach to be able to move every customer to any city on their own, so a long-distance moving company who partners with a credible, reliable van line like Mayflower means you can count on the same high level of service from start to finish.
- Daryl Flood is a leader in the network of Mayflower partners that provides a full range of relocation services throughout the lower 48 states.
- We simplify your move by giving you a single point of contact.
- We move 6,000 Texans around the country every year.
- Access to over 3 million square feet of secure storage throughout the U.S.
A dependable cross country moving team
We never forget that you have plenty of choices when it comes to long-distance movers in San Antonio, so our team works hard to provide exceptional customer service at every step of your move. Whether you're looking for a full-service mover to manage every aspect of your move or need only partial moving services, here are a few reasons why Daryl Flood is your best choice:
- We guarantee your price. Your original quote will never change as long as the scope of your move remains the same.
- Our company is part of a broad network of partners that allows us to serve your long-distance moving needs throughout the lower 48 states.
- We make moving simpler by assigning a personal move coordinator to help you plan an efficient move and keep everything on track.
- Our van operators have been extensively vetted via background checks, drug screenings, and even road tests.
San Antonio long distance moving FAQs
A long-distance move can be complex, but it doesn't have to be if you choose an experienced, reliable Texas moving company. Here are our tips on what you should look for as you search for a long-distance mover you can trust:
Reputation and reviews
Gathering first-hand experiences from a moving company's past customers is a good place to start your research. If you know someone who has recently made a long-distance move, ask about their experience.
You can also check online reviews, particularly those on Google and on consumer-protection websites. Moving company reviews can help you learn more about what moving companies may be doing right and where they may fall short.
How long the moving company has been in business
When you're trusting a long-distance moving company with all your possessions, it's essential to work with one that has a long record in the business. Companies that are well established will likely offer the most comprehensive moving services and options and have drivers and packing crews who are trained to carefully handle customers' goods. Daryl Flood has been in business for over 40 years and has built up a solid local reputation in San Antonio through decades of professional moving.
Endorsement and credentials
If you can't find information about a moving company's licensing or other credentials, take it off your list. Any San Antonio moving company you consider should have a number from the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), which is required for all interstate moving companies. If you're making a long-distance move but staying within the state of Texas (meaning you’re moving more than 50 miles away from San Antonio), look for the required Texas Department of Motor Vehicles number.
Making a cross-country or long-distance move is not the same as moving locally. Look for a mover in San Antonio that has a great deal of experience moving customers' households over long distances, which is an indication that the company understands and adheres to the various requirements that go along with a long-distance move. The best long-distance movers will have the most experienced crews and the right methods for protecting your belongings as they're packed, moved, and unpacked.
Employee vetting requirements
Does the moving company you're considering vet its employees? If so, how? Be sure that the moving crew that you're about to trust with all your household belongings has undergone background checks, drug screenings, and other checks that help ensure that they are capable and trustworthy.
Transparent, accurate pricing
The last thing you want to see at the end of your long-distance move is a bill for additional fees or charges from your moving company. To avoid surprises, hire a company that offers detailed estimates with pricing that's guaranteed not to change as long as the specifics of your move don't change.
The price of your long-distance move depends on several factors, such as:
- Weight: The quote our in-home estimator will give you will be based in part on the total weight of the household goods we will move for you. We often recommend to our customers that they declutter prior to their long-distance move to help reduce costs. In large quantities, even items like cans of food can cost more to move than they would be to replace.
- Distance: A long-distance move within the state of Texas won't cost as much as a move across the country.
- Service level: Our full packing service costs more than our partial packing service, for example. Also, specialty services, like custom crating for fragile items may be recommended to protect your goods long distances.
In general, a long-distance move is 50 miles or more. This applies whether your move is within the same state (an intrastate move) or to another state (an interstate move).
We do, and you can use our storage services on a short-term or long-term basis. Take advantage of our at our secure San Antonio warehouse facility to make your long-distance move easier. Our storage rates are competitive, and your belongings will be handled by experienced crews. If you’d like your goods to be stored closer to your new home, we can accommodate in one of our 500,000 square feet of storage space in Texas, or the 3 million square feet we have access to through the Mayflower Transit network.
If possible, it's best to book your long-distance move approximately six weeks in advance. This will help ensure you are able to schedule movers on your desired moving date.
We often get calls from people moving in a week’s time, but this can make moving more difficult for both you and your moving company – if your mostly packed it can be harder for us to assess the weight of your move and fit you in on your desired moving date.
This is especially true if you schedule your move during peak moving season, which runs from May through September. If you do need to move during the summer months, reach out for a moving quote as soon as you can, even if you don’t have an exact moving date yet.
San Antonio long distance blogs and resources
Relocating can be overwhelming. You’re juggling a variety of tasks and may feel like they’re quickly piling up. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure where to start. We’re here to help.