Expert Local Movers in Dallas
If you’re looking for a Dallas moving company for your local move, you need one you know you can trust with your belongings. With Daryl Flood as your moving company, you can be confident that you’re working with one of the most experienced movers in Texas. We’ve served thousands of customers with dependable local moves since 1982 throughout the Dallas and Fort Worth areas.
As soon as you approve the accurate estimate we provide and book your local move with us, you’ll see the Daryl Flood difference. You’ll be assigned a personal move coordinator who will be available to you throughout your move. As your single point of contact, your move coordinator will keep you up to date on every aspect of your move.
Our Dallas Residential Moving Services
Daryl Flood is a full-service local mover in Dallas, TX, offering everything you need for a move that’s as streamlined and stress-free as possible. In addition to our dedicated move coordinators, these are just some of the services we provide:
- Packing and loading crews
- Moving trucks
- Wrapping to protect electronics, furniture, and other fragile items
- Moving equipment
- Floor protection
- Carrier liability protection
We also offer partial-service moves if you don’t need our complete slate of services. This allows you to customize your move to your needs and your budget. If you are unsure whether you need a full or partial move, our experienced moving team can help you determine which services are best.
Convenient Storage Services
Even when you’re just moving a few miles away, you may need storage to make your move easier. Daryl Flood has several secure warehouse locations in Texas, including in Dallas. We’re specialists in carefully handling even your most fragile and sensitive items, and we can store them in the most suitable environment possible.
We have expert moving crews who will come to your home to pick up your household goods and take them to our warehouse. You can take advantage of this flexible, affordable service on a temporary or long-term basis.
Your Local Moving Quote
Our customers count on us for transparent estimates that we guarantee will show precise moving costs. Our quotes are based on the weight of the goods you need to be moved, and our experienced in-home estimator will calculate all the variables that can affect your final moving quote. At Daryl Flood, we never include hidden fees or charges you don’t understand, and we’re always happy to answer any questions you may have about our moving estimates.
How to Choose a Local Mover in Dallas
You have your choice of hundreds of movers in the Dallas area, from full-service, well-known companies to a small crew with one truck. While it may be tempting to make a decision based on the lowest price, there’s a lot to consider when you’re preparing to trust a moving company with all of your belongings.
Here are some tips for how to make the choice that’s right for your needs:
- Ask friends, family members, neighbors, and colleagues for recommendations based on their personal experiences with local Dallas moving companies. Ask people in your social media circles as well.
- Check moving company reviews online. Although most companies are likely to have the occasional less-than-perfect review, most reviews should be overwhelmingly positive.
- Visit consumer protection sites such as movingscam.com and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s protectyourmove.gov.
Once you’ve pared down your list, take the time to check the certifications and endorsements of each mover you’re considering. At Daryl Flood, we consistently meet the most stringent moving industry standards, with a range of credentials that include:
- Certification as a ProMover by the moving industry’s American Moving & Storage Association trade group. This assures you that our company has agreed to adhere to honorable business practices and has passed a background check.
- Recognition by the Southwest Movers Association as a “Pinnacle Mover,” a mark of professionalism.
- Certification by the Registered International Mover program, which sets universal standards for international moving companies.
Questions to Ask a Local Moving Company
As you’re researching residential moving companies in Dallas, these questions can help you determine which ones are the most reliable and professional:
- How long has your company been in the moving business?
- Do you do background checks on your employees?
- What type of training do your employees receive?
- How do you determine the price for a move?
- What items are not included in your moving quote?
- How would you handle my claim if something is missing or damaged?
- How do you protect household belongings during the move or while they are in storage?
Contact Our Residential Movers in Dallas
If you’re planning a local move in the Dallas area, get in touch with the moving professionals at Daryl Flood to schedule a free, no-obligation moving quote today.
Local Dallas Moving Company FAQ
There are several things you can look for when choosing a local moving company. Cross companies from your list if you encounter these red flags:
- The company asks that you put down a deposit.
- The company doesn’t insist on doing a video or visual survey to accurately assess how much your household goods weigh. This is needed for an accurate estimate.
The company doesn’t offer pricing transparency, which could result in hidden or last-minute fees and charges.
Sometimes, it’s not possible to schedule movers well in advance, but when it is, four to six weeks ahead of your desired moving date should be sufficient. Keep in mind, however, that there is a busy season for moving that coincides with the break between school years. If you plan to move between May and September, you will need to get on a local mover’s schedule as far in advance as possible.
In general, a move is referred to as a local move when it’s made between two locations that are fewer than 50 miles apart. A move from one location to another that is 50 or more miles apart but still in the same state is referred to as an "intrastate" move, while an "interstate" move is when a move crosses state lines.
We make every effort to cover all the surfaces of your furniture to protect it during your move. We use the intrastate pad wrapping method, which includes wrapping your furniture in padded blankets and securing it with clear packing tape. We also use shrink-wrap, microfoam, padded paper wrap, and other materials as needed for additional protection.
When you have fragile items that need to be moved, we offer professional crating by coordinating with a trusted third-party crating service partner to build custom crates.
We know that no matter how well our customers may have planned their moves, unexpected events can get in the way of a smooth moving process. With Daryl Flood as your local mover, you'll always have the option to have us safely store your belongings in our secure Dallas warehouse. Whether you need storage for just a few days or for much longer, our storage solutions are ready when you are.
Our local moving services are flexible, so we can customize your move to your needs. We can pack just a few items or take care of packing only your most fragile or sensitive items. Your dedicated move coordinator will be glad to go over all your options.